13 years in school, 4 years of college, 13 years working at a school…
You might say I’m conditioned to refocus on education during September’s Back-to-School Season 😁
And even though I made a leap at the end of the 2019 school year to work from home on my writing and blogging, I still spend a lot of time on education. The online world changes so quickly–there’s always something new to learn.
That’s why it’s so easy to feel overwhelmed, especially if you’re comparing yourself to other authors. (Don’t we all have that “author crush”? You know the one. Their books are incredible, their website is off the hook, and they seem to be on social media 24/7 striking *just* the right chord to keep momentum without overdoing it? Sigh.)
The truth is, even though writing is a challenge, we all have professional tools at our fingertips. Never before in all of human history have we had access to powerful technology and mass audiences. Our problem isn’t how to find readers, it’s how to get readers’ attention in a sea of awesome content!
That’s where education comes in. You don’t have to go to a physical campus anymore! A host of practical workshops, webinars, and virtual conferences will come to you, right in your cozy home. You don’t even have to change out of your jammies.
But, again, the choices are overwhelming.
Here are two sources that will bring a TON of useful marketing info to you. With either of these opportunities, you can pick and choose what will be the most helpful to you, and catch a few new ideas, too!
So if you’re looking to head “back-to-school” this fall, check out these upcoming events:
This three-day online summit gathers wisdom from some HUGE influencers–you’ll definitely recognize some of the speakers 😉
And while there’s not a lot of writing-heavy content, there’s so much info about how to take your ideas and convert them to income.
You’ll benefit from this summit if:
- You’ve got an idea for a nonfiction book
- You’ve got a lot of expertise in a certain area
- You’ve been professionally derailed by the pandemic and are looking for ways to control your own career and find more flexible work
- You have published books but you hate/dread marketing and need to find a better way to promote your books
- You don’t like techy topics and want to find tools for outsourcing your tech headaches
Steer clear of this summit if:
- You have zero interest in selling anything online
- You need to focus on finishing a writing project and feel pretty sure this will give you an excuse to “project hop”.
- You won’t have time to attend the summit or watch the replay videos.
Taught by Jennifer Maker10 STELLAR WAYS TO MAKE MONEY BLOGGING & EARN RECURRING, AUTOMATIC SALES EVERY DAY.
Taught by Chelsea Clarke
Jennifer Maker is a master at building email lists. And–get this–years ago, she was a multi-book, best-selling author and was broke. Chilling isn’t it? That means good writing won’t take you all the way to success; marketing plays a part, too.
I don’t know Chelsea Clarke, but Ultimate Bundles always puts together great content bundles, so I have full faith her webinar will be great, too. It may not be writing-specific, but I know you can apply a few of her ideas to your books.
This bundle is for you if:
- You’ve been on the fence about blogging
- You love to write but you’re not sure you’ve landed on your genre/topic/idea yet
- You’re endlessly curious
- You’re serious about jump-starting and marketing your work
- You’re in this writing life for the long-haul
- Like me, you want to use blogging to help you publish your books. I’m sure you’ve heard my story before, but a similar Ultimate Bundle I bought was the first domino that led me to self-publishing…
Steer clear if:
- You need a quick solution–building a blog takes time
- You have a publisher already who maintains your author website. In that case, the summit above might be a better fit 🙂
- You can’t afford a little time or money. You don’t have to spend a lot, but if you choose to shoestring it you’ll have to invest your own time learning new skills and tools. So an author’s blog is going to cost you–either time or money. You can determine how much, but I’m not going to lie and tell you everything is free; it’s a business, and there are always business costs 😉
NOW YOU: Do you feel like it’s time to go back to school?
Loved the blog, joined the community, still looking for more?